- Granted PCMag Editor's Choice Award 2018
- RFID Filament Recognition: Detects filament type and automatically adjusts printer settings
- Ultra High Quality: 50 Micron Print Resolution
- Reliable: Best-in-Class Extruder
- Easy-to-Use: Web-Based Design and Printing Software
- Quiet and Safe: Fully Enclosed Workspace
- Supported: 3D Lesson Plans, Professional Development Course, and One-Year Warranty
Dremel's clog resistant extruder with active filament monitoring allows the 3D45 EDU to run smoothly and provides unsurpassed reliability. We want you to make, not repair.
Designed with the classroom in mind, the 3D45 EDU is fully enclosed and has optimized motion controls to minimize noise so you can teach while the printer is running. Installation is a breeze - time to first print takes only 15 minutes.
3D45 EDU is UL-Certified, providing teachers and students peace of mind to focus on creativity.
Designed by and for engineers, 3D45 EDU enables development of next generation innovations. Dremel is part of the Bosch Group, one of the world's leading engineering firms.
Dremel developed 30 standard lesson plans for 3rd-12th grades, aligned with Common Core and other state standards.
Take our 4-hour professional development course and receive credit to understand the basics of 3D printing and how to effectively implement it into your classroom.
2 additional PLA filament rolls are included in 3D45 EDU. Dremel’s non-toxic, recyclable, plant-based PLA filament is safe to use in the classroom or makerspace. It has been engineered for optimal printing, producing high-quality models.
Each 3D45 EDU kit comes with one additional build plate, and 3 additional glue sticks.
- Dremel DigiLab 3D45
- Build Plates (2)
- PLA Filament Spools (2)
- Non-PLA Filament Spools (2)
- Glue Sticks (5)
- USB Flash Drive with sample prints and slicing software
- Standard Aligned Lesson Plans 3rd - 12th (30)
- Professional Development Course (4 hours)
- Extruder: Single extrusion
- Extruder Temperature: Up to 280° C (536° F)
- Build Platform Temperature: Up to 100° C (212° F)
- Operating Interface: 4.5" full color IPS touch screen
- Maximum Build Volume: 10" x 6" x 6.7" (255mm x 155mm x 170mm)
- Layer Thickness: 50 microns (0.05mm)
- Internal Storage: 8 GB
- External Storage: USB Flash Drive
Weight & Dimensions
- Weight (without spool): 19.4 kg (42.8 lbs)
- Dimensions: 20.25" x 16" x 15.9" (515 mm x 406 mm x 394 mm)
- Dremel DigiLab 3D Slicer - Based on Cura (Desktop): Included
- Dremel Print Cloud - Based on 3DPrinterOS (Web-Based): Included
- Simplify3D Software - Compatible: Sold Separately
- CAD File Types: STL, OBJ
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows Requirements: Windows 7 SP1, 8, 8.1, 10
- Mac OS X Requirements: v10.9+
- 3D45 Input Rating: 100-240V, 47-60 Hz, 0.85A-2.3A
- Room Temperature: 16-29° C (60-85° F)
- Level Workspace
- Dry Workspace Environment
- One year warranty